Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

2006 PT "Not ready" code emissions non test, also battery

Customer Question

2006 PT "Not ready" code emissions non test, also battery light on…New battery and Alternator is definitely charging. I see the thread regarding EMC reboot procedure and intend to do this once I get my fuel level below 3/4 My question…Are the "Not Ready" and the battery light related or 2 issues?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. These are 2 separate issues. Get the charging system voltage checked. You may have a problem with the battery cable connections. As far as the not ready , you will need to make sure that the fuel level is over 1/4 tank. Then drive the vehicle at a steady 60 mph for 2 miles. Then pull over and let it idle in gear for 1 minute. Now drive at a steady 45 mph for 1 mile. Then idle in gear for 1 minute. Shut it off and then restart the engine. This should get the obd monitors to run and pass emissions. I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris