Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

My 2007 pt cruiser starts then shut off like it's not

Customer Question

My 2007 pt cruiser starts then shut off like it's not getting gas but it has gas in it and I just replaced the fuel pump a week ago
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

Do you have a solid red light on dash when it stalls?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No it starts up then stops

Do you have any test equipment? The fuel pump relay is part of the totally integrated power module which is your underhood fuse box. This is a very common failure. Some basic testing could insure this is the problem.

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 11 months ago.

There was a problem with your payment please check your card then we can procede

Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

how long does it run before it shuts off?