sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2014 Chrysler 200 cranks but wont start...it did this

Customer Question

My 2014 Chrysler 200 cranks but wont start...it did this for the first time about 3 weeks ago...went into the storecame out and it cranked but wouldnt turn finally after about 20 to 30 minutes it started....then the 2nd time at my cousins..went inside for about 45 and went to go to work samw thing this tine it took about an hour...then two days later it did it but now wont start...changed the battery out.....the check engine light is on...last night it turned over for like 2 seconds and did that about 3 times...what could be the problem
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine light is on it's because the powertrain control module has seen a failure in a component or system and has set a fault code. The engine light is most likely related to the starting issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are stored. Have you read fault codes from the powertrain control module?