Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

My 1999 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8l, V6) stalls at almost

Customer Question

My 1999 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8l, V6) stalls at almost every stop light, I changed the cam position sensor but that didn't fix the problem.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is Vlad.

There could be a few reasons for engine stalling issue so without proper diagnosis I can only mention the reasons from my previous experience.

1) If it stalls only when you are coming to stop, I mean when you take your foot out of the accelerator pedal, then it is very likely you have a problem with the EGR ( Exhaust gas recirculation) valve that stays partially open when engine returns to idle. This pretty common issue and easy to verify . all you need to do is to remove the vacuum hose from the EGR valve and if it helps( I meant it won't stall anymore), then you will need to replace the EGR valve an transducer assembly.

2) It could be a faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor. Usually vehicle won't restart after stalling for some time. It should set a trouble code .

I am just checking if my answer has helped or you need more assistance?

Thanks