sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

1999 Chrysler Concorde. Gauges going crazy, No Bus message

Customer Question

Customer: 1999 Chrysler Concorde. Gauges going crazy, No Bus message in the odometer. Disconnected battery for reset still no good. Seems to be gradually getting worse (heater blower on off by itself) Am I looking at a computer? Car runs fine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1999 Chrysler Concorde 3.2L started acting up last week. Check engine light comes on and gauges drop to zero.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: As long as a get a definitive answer and t stion to bring it to a dealer.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that could cause the symptoms you're having. The problem may be in the instrument cluster itself but the PCI communication bus network may be going down. If the circuit shorts to power or ground either in the wiring harness or internally in a module then it will prevent communication.

Do you have access to a scan tool?