Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The reversing sensors have stopped working on my grand

Customer Question

The reversing sensors have stopped working on my grand voyager Special edition 07 plate (2.9 Diesel).
two of the red warning lights appear and a request to servive the parking assist system. Can you offer any advice?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The sensor system will stop operating when the park sensor system has detected a fault.The park system sensor ecu will disable the sensor system causing what you see here.I can say most common to cause this issue here usually is a faulty park sensor needing replaced.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked with a scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.The scan tool is also used to monitor the sensor signals to locate the faulty sensor needing replaced.

Normally this can cost around an hours diagnosis to have the codes read out and sensor signals checked then anywhere from $150 to over $300 to have repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete