sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Darrel
, 2005 sebring touring sedan. The fog lights

Customer Question

Customer: Darrel
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2005 sebring touring sedan. The fog lights will not turn on with the switch, and the high beams will only come on with the flash to pass. Fuses are good. Running lights are working. Multi function switch or relay?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have a failed multifunction switch. The headlamp switch has to be on for the fog lamps to come on, and the high beams won't stay on if the headlamp switch isn't on.

You can test for power on the red/white wires at the switch and then the two violet/white wires with the low beams on. If there is power on the red/white but not the violet/white then the failure is internal in the switch.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I thought it might be, thanks.

You're welcome!