rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Car warms up and then suddenly dies at low speed but not all

Customer Question

Customer: car warms up and then suddenly dies at low speed but not all the time
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: runs fine cold but when to normal temp suddenly dies at almost idle but not all the time..died three times in going 12 blocks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This sounds like a vacuum leak causing the stalling. When it's cold, the engine runs richer and overcomes lean conditions. Check PCV hose, EGR stuck open and brake booster vacuum hose. A scan tool would help a lot too right now to see the fuel trims.

Thanks, Ron