sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

We have a 2006 Chrysler 300c with the navigation system by

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Gerry. We have a 2006 Chrysler 300c with the navigation system by Alpine. The system is saying there is an error and to insert disc but the disc is in there but we can't figure out how to get the it out. We were trying to figure out a simple task of how to change the time. The navigation manual doesn't tell you how to get the disc out. Actually it doesn't tell you squat. So we would appreciate your help and we may have other questions as well once we get into it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: How do you remove the navigation disc?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes we are willing to pay for it. Once we pay will we be able to use this site multiple times or is it only a one time fee?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the disc is actually in place yet the radio is saying that it is not in place then you have an internal failure in the radio. It wasn't uncommon for these to either say a disc wasn't present or was unreadable when a known good disc was in. This is a hardware failure in the radio.

One thing you can do is a battery disconnect, remove the IOD fuse or unplug the radio. Once in a while a radio will lock up electronically and come back with a power cycle. If this doesn't work then the radio will either need to be replaced or sent out to a repair facility such as United Radio.