Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My name is ***** ***** Balinski. I have a 2007 PT cruiser

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My name is ***** ***** Balinski. I have a 2007 PT cruiser convertible and the window isn't going up all the way. It will operate but not going up the rest of the way when you close the door. I've tried disconnecting the battery and it didn't work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Does it matter if you have the door open/closed, window up/down when you disconnect the battery?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Is it both windows that do this or only one?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just the drivers side door
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, try this: Close the drivers door and then turn on the ignition. Roll the driver's window down all the way. Then roll the window all the way up and continue to hold the switch in the up position for 3 seconds, then release it. That should calibrate the driver's window regulator module. Do that and then recheck it. Let me know if that works.

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had done that after disconnecting the battery. and the window won't go up all the way
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, then if that is the case, the window regulator assembly has a failed motor sensor and the motor / regulator will need to be replaced. If that was all working properly then the window should calibrate. But since it does not, then the regulator / motor assembly will need to be replaced.

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok, thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

You are very welcome! If you want to replace it yourself, let me know and I will send you the procedure. Oh, and before you go, would you please rate my service today? Thank you and Happy new Year!

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was just checking the car again and found the passenger side windows aren't working. Could this still be the regulator or is something else?
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hmmm, If that is the case then it may be something else. You may have a "smart glass" relay/module problem. Tell me this: When you go and lower the top and hold down the convertable top button, do all the windows roll down?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The drivers side window went down and the rear driver side went half way down. Neither of the passenger side went down. Additionally, the rear driver side would go up continuously. It would only go up a couple inches at a time.
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, let me research this some more. I will get back to you later today. I need to check a few things.

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok, after researching this it appears as though the system will need to be tested with the DRBIII scan tool. I believe you have a module that is failing, however it could be a wiring issue. The scan tool will need to be used so that it can display switch inputs and possible diagnostic trouble codes. Without the use of the scan tool, it would just be guesswork and that can get expensive. So find a shop that has the appropriate scan tool and have them properly diagnose this. It would be money well spent.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris