roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Extensive experience working with all models of Chrysler for over 35 years
3506196

Am ***** ***** my 2002 pt cruiser wil not get over 2000 rpm

Customer Question

Customer: Hi am ***** ***** my 2002 pt cruiser wil not get over 2000 rpm during idle or under power. it starts right up so i don't think its the timing belt
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it has about 160,000 miles. its is a 2002 pt dream cruiser the only code set is for a small emissions leak. like i said it starts easily but when you give it gas at around 2000 rpm the engine bogs down the same thing happens when you try to drive it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  roybelding replied 11 months ago.

good morning ym name is ***** ***** I will assist

it sounds like the cat converter is clogged not allowing the motor to breathe. you can remove the front pipe from the exhaust manifold and start it up and see if it is better.

Roy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i will try this but there is plenty of pressure at the exhaust pipe. first thing i checked

you can have it at idle but above idle it may be different

Roy