Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My son has a 2004 PT Cruiser that we cannot get to turn

Customer Question

My son has a 2004 PT Cruiser that we cannot get to turn over. Here is what we have done so far. The starter seemed weak so we replaced the starter. I can get the car to turn over if I jump across the starter relay plug. So I figured its one of two things. The ignition switch or the neutral safety switch. So I tore apart the steering column and jumped across the wiring harness to see if it would crank over, nothing. Automatically I thought ok its the neutral safety switch. So we picked up one at the parts store. took off the transmission pan and valve body and replaced the switch. Still nothing. I am pretty much stumped as to what it could be. I have checked a couple forums and they mention the power train control module. I just need some guidance on how to check this to figure out whats going on. Ive eliminated a couple things. whats next. Thank You
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/9h3ff-chrysler-pt-cruiser-son-2004-pt-cruiser-cannot.html#ixzz3w0dcXNRz
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating.

Lets start with a couple of basic questions so I understand your system.

Do you have a black key or a grey key? Does it have the remote attached?

Do you have a solid red light on dash when the key is on?

I have not heard heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. Please remember that your rating should be based on the service you received. Not if you were unhappy about the results. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.