Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My son has a 2004 PT Cruiser that we cannot get to turn

Customer Question

My son has a 2004 PT Cruiser that we cannot get to turn over. Here is what we have done so far. The starter seemed weak so we replaced the starter. I can get the car to turn over if I jump across the starter relay plug. So I figured its one of two things. The ignition switch or the neutral safety switch. So I tore apart the steering column and jumped across the wiring harness to see if it would crank over, nothing. Automatically I thought ok its the neutral safety switch. So we picked up one at the parts store. took off the transmission pan and valve body and replaced the switch. Still nothing. I am pretty much stumped as to what it could be. I have checked a couple forums and they mention the power train control module. I just need some guidance on how to check this to figure out whats going on. Ive eliminated a couple things. whats next. Thank You
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike V.v replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Do you have a volt meter?