Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

I changes the valve cover gaskets in my 2006 crossfire, now

Customer Question

I changes the valve cover gaskets in my 2006 crossfire, now it won't start. I turn the key over to start it up and the all power is on, lights, radio, fan and then a clicking sound happens... What could be wrong? Thank you
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I am not quite clear - is the engine turning over but not starting, or nothing from the engine when you turn the key to crank.

I also need to know if it is the supercharged engine or not and whether it is manual or automatic transmission

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, it is not a supercharge. It is a manual. The engine is not turning over at all. All of the electrics are working. When I turn the key to start the car it makes a clicking sound.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I keep the key turned over to the start position the clicking sound continues.
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I know this is basic, but sometimes people including seasoned techs overlook the simple - make sure that the battery has at least 11v to be able to start and that the battery cables are tight.

If they are, then you need to check for 12v on the violet with white striped wire at the starter while someone has the key to crank position.

If 12v present, then starter is bad. If not, then we will go from there, but we need a starting point, and these are where we start at