sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I am ***** *****. 2007 caravan with power doors. seat belt

Customer Question

Customer: I am ***** *****. 2007 caravan with power doors. seat belt was caught in door door started closing belt door stopped. will now slide but not close manually, power to that door does not work
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If I try to close the door manually the back of the door will not move to interior. auto close does nothing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the door will not close manually because the latch on the rear of the door is in a closed position. How can I unlatch that latch? Then the door should close manually.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the latch is in the closed position with the door open and everything is mechanically undamaged then it will only take a few seconds to get the door read to close.

With the door unlocked have a helper pull the handle to the open position.

Insert a screwdriver in the latch in the area where the striker would be with the pawl closed around it.

Use the screwdriver to rotate the pawl manually while the handle is being held to the open position, and the pawl will rotate to the open position.