sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler dealers are ripping me off with this sccm thing.

Customer Question

Customer: hi Chrysler dealers are ripping me off with this sccm thing. they want me to replace this. The codes came up for b2254 and b2224. The problem initially the car would drive as normal then when i would park it would start then turn off but eventually it would not start. After 30 min the car would start as normal. Now the car will not start at all. they checked with the witech computer and it states fault with sccm. so they want me to replace it which will costs me a staggering £1050 which is not normal. I am aware the tricks of the trade wherby it could be a minor fault but they are over exaggerating. i have kids to feed what can i do? They also state that hwen i buy a sccm that i will also need to get a matching ecu? im sure they could reprogram everything so that my ecu will match the new installed sccm, they state i need both please help me! thank you
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: u there?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my number is *****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please get back to me ASAP
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What year and model is the vehicle?

What happens when you try to start the engine?