rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a Chrysler Sebring 2008 and today it started

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler Sebring 2008 and today it started shaking-not a whole lot, but enough to cause the side mirrors to jiggle and to be noticeable to me. What is the problem?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It sounds like an engine misfire. You need to get the codes read from the computer. Most parts stores will attach a code reader for free to extract codes.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is an engine misfire and what do you mean by a parts store? Can I take it to my mechanic?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is the part store something like an Auto Care shop? I don't understand why they would attach a free code reader to my car.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Yes, any car parts store. Yes, they do this service all the time for people with this exact problem. You mechanic can do this even better if he has an actual scan tool. Even better than the parts store.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay...I will go to see the mechanic right now. I will let you know what he says.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Thanks again, Ron