sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

MY NAME IS ***** ***** BONNICI. I BOUGHT A 2008 TOWN AND

Customer Question

Customer: MY NAME IS ***** ***** BONNICI. I BOUGHT A 2008 TOWN AND COUNTRY A YEAR AND HALF AGO. FEW WEEKS AGO THE CAR TOUCH SCREEN RADIO. FEW WEEKS AGO A FRIEND WAS TRYING TO CHANGE CHANNELS AND GOT AN OLD RECORDED MUSIC FROM THE PREVIOUS OWNER I THINK. I PUSHED THE CD PLAYER IN AND WE LISTED TO THAT REST OF RIDE. THE RADIO STARTED GOING IN AND OUT AND COULDN'T CHANGE CHANNEL. I JUST CALLED MY DEALER. THEY DON'T HAVE ANYONE THAT CAN LOOK AT IT AND TOLD ME THEY HAVE NOBODY TO HELP ME, THEY WOULD JUST REPLACE THE SYSTEM AT 2000+ DOLLARS OR REFURBISHED AT 600 DOLLARS. IS THIS ALL THAT CAN BE DONE THIS IS REALLY CRAZY. THANKS FOR ANYTHING YOU CAN TELL ME. THE CAR IS NOT ABUSED I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT DRIVES IT A FEW MILES TO WORK.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: BOUGHT AT COLONIAL MOTORS, HUDSON,MA 2008 54,000 IN JUNE 2013. HAVE 64,000 MILES ON IT NOW. THE RADIO IS STUCK ON ONE STATION. CAN'T MOVE. SHUTS ON AND OFF CONTINUOUSLY
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK I'M HERE A LITTLE LONGER AT WORK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem is an internal failure in the radio and what the dealer told you was correct, the normal repair is to replace the radio. If you ordered a radio through them you'd get a remanufactured unit unless you specified a new unit, but the price of a new unit is very cost prohibitive.

The other option would be to have your radio sent out for repair. You or your dealer could remove the radio and send it to somewhere such as United Radio, which would usually be cheaper than replacing it with a remanufactured one.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ghis car is 7 years old! I have never had this happen with other cars. Im upset that there isnt anyone at my dealership thst is trsined to look st it and see if a lock button or something was pushed. I feel that Chrysler should st least look at it. I appreciate your answer, got talked into a year plan with this in order to get my question answered. Unacceptable to me with my dealer. Poor service on their part.

There isn't any sort of button that could be pushed to cause this, the failure is internal in the radio.

The dealer does have people that are capable and trained to repair the issue. Replacing the radio is a very simple process and takes less than a half hour. They don't have anyone that can do an internal radio repair if that's what you mean, because radios, the instrument cluster, control modules, etc are not field repairable.