Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  36yrs.in Auto Industry, Aamco Trans.Master..
17290852

2005 hemi 5.7. Top radiator hose blue off. Added more

Customer Question

2005 hemi 5.7. Top radiator hose blue off. Added more Coolant it bubbled out as the car idled and got hotter. A clunking sound is coming from water reservoir when it bubbles, something lose in reservoir. Replaced thermostat with new one. Drove car 1/4 mile started to overheat again. I think the water pump needs replaced. What do you think?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

Hello , So did you find any Leaks after you put it back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.

Ok , So before the hose came off did it run Hot....Ever? Just need to know as I'm not at the car...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No issue with overheating. Didn't notice any overheating before hose blue off. Pulled over right after it happened

Just thinking.....Ive never Heard of a hose to just blow off it sounds very odd, like 1 in a million. But it could have if the thermostat stuck closed.....Did you watch the coolant drop after you let it warm up then add more coolant.....as you do not have much time to do this.....it could be just low of coolant

Because after the engine warms up its to late....it will not accept coolant after it gets to Hot

And if you did all that correctly, Its more app to be either the radiator collapsed or a cylinder head issue such as a cracked head or the head gaskets blown out ......as this would allow compression to build up & blow the hose

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was empty. I added till full, let it run for 20 minutes. No overheat. Going to take it for a drive in afew.

ok , you should be fine now as long as you have no leaks....