Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair. Chrysler Certified
24034660

2008 Town & Country touring 3.8 V 6, windshield wipers won't

Customer Question

2008 Town & Country touring 3.8 V 6, windshield wipers won't shut off, continue running if started.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 11 months ago.

Hello: the issue you are having, is related to the TPIM (this the large plastic box under the hood that contains fuses and relays,) When the TPIM circuit for the front wipers has a problem, like shorted or open circuit, it can cause the wipers to stay on (recieve power to the wiper motor) You can remove the relay for wiper, it is located in the TPIM under hood, so turn off wipers untill you can get the TPIM issue taken care of. The under side of the tpim lid is labled to tell each relay and fuses, just pull upwards on relay to remove it,Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your answer wasn't the correct one as problem was recall notice for the recall notice with ignition switch, part of the problem, an unknown switch was also bad so two items made up the problem. hope to get my Van back on Monday..