Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

My car is rattling when idle as well as when I press the gas

Customer Question

Customer: my car is rattling when idle as well as when I press the gas when I am going slow
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just had the oil changed and then I picked it up. Driving it home the steering locked up and pressing on the gas and break didn't do much I had to have i towed since the breaks werent really working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Where did they tow it to? I would inspect the oil level first, and if there are any problems relating to oil level, or oil spilled, or oil overfilled and filling up the crankcase vents, then I would contact the oil change place.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had it towed to the mechanic that changed my oil. They checked the oil and said it was fine. The car makes the rattling noise when idle and also more when I press the gas.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Since you had it at the mechanic, did you ask them about it? Are you able to isolate what area it is coming from, if you check under the hood while it is running at idle? Belt end, top end, under the engine, etc?