FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

I have a leak in the power steering,but I cannot see were it

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****,I have a leak in the power steering,but I cannot see were it is coming from
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2002 PT Cruiser WHEN I REPLACE THE FLUID It only lasts for a few miles then the steering starts whining again and the fluid is gone
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. The two most common causes of a leak this large is either the high pressure line or the rack and pinion. Most of the time it is the rack and pinion. If you cannot pinpoint he leak by cleaning the car up from underneath then you will need to add dye to the fluid. Most auto part stores sell dye kits. You can add it and then run the car and use the kit to find where the fluid is glowing which will show you where the leak it. I hope this helps. If you need anything else please let me know.