sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Lately the cruise control does not work, the indicator. but

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, lately the cruise control does not work, the indicator. but then other times it works fine. And today my wife said the interior lights came on while driving and the cruise is out again. everything is very intermitted
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a 2014 300 AWD
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can prevent cruise control from working. The problem may be the switch itself or it's wiring or it could be a powertrain issue that the engine controller is seeing and disabling cruise. There are many things that may seem unrelated that will disable cruise switch as electronic throttle control issues, cam, crank, or MAP sensor signal issues, transmission or wheel speed sensor issues will also prevent cruise from working.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see if any codes are setting. If no warning lights are coming on then odds are no codes are set. It would take a scan tool to monitor data at the time the problem is happening, but if there are no fault codes set then the most likely cause for the cruise not working is the switch itself.