Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have a PO300 code on my Chrysler 300. Repl plugs coils and

Customer Question

I have a PO300 code on my Chrysler 300. Repl plugs coils and MAP. Idles fine until engine heats up.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Which engine do you have in your 300?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
3.5
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Ok thanks. Did you replace the timing belt when you did the pump?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, in the process of reassembling after I changed the pump. The right side CAM shaft shifted so I had to align the engine TDC and replaced the same old belt. No issues with starting but the check eng light that was not there b4.
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

I see. Well it is possible that you are off a notch on one of the cams. Maybe the right cam. That could cause a p0300 code and not a cam out of sync code. Double check your valve timing again.

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok I played with the alignment marks on the engine and the shaft but the belt knotches was still keeping it off about a half knotch which side should I favor?
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Did you ever loosen either one of the cam sprocket center bolts?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I never touched the CS center bolts. But the belt would never allow a perfect alignment. What are your thoughts on valve carbon for a reason of random misfires?
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Valve carbon deposits can cause random misfires, and maybe a decarbon procedure would help, but it seems strange that the misfires happened right after the water pump replacement. The cam sprocket mark must be in between the two dots when setting up the timing.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and Happy New Year! Just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris