Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have a 2005 Chrysler pt cruiser turbo,i did replace pcv

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 2005 Chrysler pt cruiser turbo,i did replace pcv valve tune up valve cover gasket start nice and clear few minutes later smokes white a lot what is my next step maybe the oil feed line or seals on the turbo the fan on the turbo looks fine no play if you turn it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: smokes after 3 minutes white alot of smoke
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Is the smoke a bluish white smoke?

Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
white
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The car start nice and no smoking after few minutes a lot white doesn't smell like gas
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Seems to me like oil is getting in to the exhaust after the car is running for a little bit like is getting restrict it some where that's the reason I mention the the feed oil line I don't know help me Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Could very well be the turbocharger. There is an oil seal on the turbo shaft and if it is worn, oil will leak into the exhaust side of 5he turbocharger and the when the catalytic converter gets hot the smoke is produced. Even though the shaft is not loose, the seal can be worn out. To confirm this, remove the exhaust pipe after the turbocharger and look for evidence of oil in there. If there is, then replacement of the turbo will be required.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris