AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I own a 2008 Chrysler Sebring and a light came on that looks

Customer Question

I own a 2008 Chrysler Sebring and a light came on that looks like an engine. Is this the check engine light?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

You are correct, That would be the check engine light.

If you go to a place like auto zone, they can scan your computer for the code that is causing the light to be on and if you would like, I can from there let you know what would need to be done to correct the issue.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have 4 payments left on this car so I hope it's not going to cost a lot. I get off work at 1am and will take my car to Auto Zone or O'Reilly's to see what codes come up and get back with you.

Sounds good. Let me know what the code is and I will let you know what will need to be done to remedy it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sleep some first... I have to be back at work at 5pm tomorrow. This won't hurt my car to drive it home will it?

I wouldn't worry much if it seems to be running fine. Depending on what the light is on for, it's probably not a very pressing issue.

Remember, many people drive around for a long time with their engine light on and don't bother to address it until that emissions notice shows up in the mail. (not saying that's what you should do)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
AZTechBrian, I will text you when I get the codes. Thanks.

Sounds good. I'll be here.

Hi. Just wondering if you had gotten the codes or if you needed any other assistance?