rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a Chrysler T&C minivan...about a month ago both power

Customer Question

I have a Chrysler T&C minivan...about a month ago both power seats stopped working, so I can't move either driver or passenger seats. However, I tested the fuse for the power seats and it said it was good. The seat heaters still work fine and I don't have any other battery / electrical issues with anything else on the car. Do both seats run off one motor? I'm puzzled why they both would have stopped at the same time?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The seats have independent motors, but are controlled by a computer. The next thing you need to do is have the computer systems scanned and bi-directionally tested to find the fault.

Thanks, Ron