sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My name is ***** *****
, the esp bas light is on

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the esp bas light is on constantly initially when my wife excelarated it appeared the abs system kicked in i pulled the battery cable to reset the codes it does run but the esp bas light now is on constantly any thougts for 2008 town and country
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are may thing that will cause the ESP and BAS lights to come on. The lights have come on because the ABS module has seen an issue somewhere in the system that will prevent proper operation and has set a fault code. The problem may be a wheel speed sensor issue, the yaw sensor, steering angle sensor, the hydraulic control unit or pump motor, the issue may be the ABS module itself.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and electrical testing will likely need to be done from there.

If traction control came on when it shouldn't have then I would first suspect an erratic wheel speed sensor signal.