Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I'm stuck in a parking lot with a key fob that doesn't work.

Customer Question

I'm stuck in a parking lot with a key fob that doesn't work. 1. Walked to radio shack and replaced batteries in key fob. 2. Tried reset/syncing instructions in manual. P.s. Car has a new battery. Can you help me get it to work without needing a tow?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 11 months ago.

Yes remove both battery cables rub then together and hold rub together and then rehook then now use your key fob If it doesnt work repeat with cables this tine hold down lock and unlock same time until u hear it click n

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This makes no sense

Okay the most logical reason for your problem is called logic lock. It sometimes happens when a battery goes dead or is replaced. A module will store false codes. These codes force the module into logic lock it's a term used in the electronic industry. Now the only way to clear this and get your system to reboot is to completely drain all memory on the modules this is done by discharging the capacitors yo u do th is by removing both battery cables and rubbing them together. This drains the capacitors and forces your modules to start fresh

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Connecting the positive and negative battery cables on the car sounds very dangerous. I'll just tow it to the dealership.

No it is not dangerous remember you have them off the battery. You toe it therr it will be first thing they do.