Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My esp and bas light are coming on plus the car starts but

Customer Question

My esp and bas light are coming on plus the car starts but sometimes will not go into gear, drive. It also locks in oak when shifted to park and won't go back into drive if stopped at a drive through.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.This needs done with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

From what you have described this sounds like a fault with the brake switch.This switch can set off these lights as well as keep the vehicle from shifting out of park like you see here.I have had to replace several of these switches for faults like this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete