sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2006 chrysler 300 3.5 my brake light came on ABS

Customer Question

I have a 2006 chrysler 300 3.5 my brake light came on ABS light and traction, I got a u0120 and a u1120, the lights go off when I hold the brake pedal dowm in park.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

U1120 sets in the powertrain control module when it isn't receiving a wheel distance message from the ABS module, U0120 doesn't show to be a valid code.

You may have a wheel speed sensor issue or the ABS module itself may be going down.

Can you double check the U0120?

Do you have a code reader or scan tool that will communicate with the ABS module so you can see if any codes are set there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
U0121

U0121 sets when there is no communication with the ABS module, the ABS module going down is why the wheel distance code is setting.

The problem is either the module itself, a communication bus issue involving just the ABS module, or a lost power or ground to it.

Are there any other items that don't work or other lights that come on when the ABS lights come on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It started with the speedometer going crazy

That's because the ABS module is going down. I assume the speedometer is the only other issue?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The Trans also went into limp mode
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I should replace the abs module
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Or should I test all the wheel sensors

The problem is the module, a loss of power or ground or communication bus. At the time the warning lights are on the module's power and ground feeds should be load tested as well as checking bus voltages at the ABS module connector. If ok then the module can be condemned.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks

You're welcome!