Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a code p0303 on my 2001 Chrysler town and country,

Customer Question

I have a code p0303 on my 2001 Chrysler town and country, new spark plugs and wires and coil
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 11 months ago.

Hello I am Reggie and thanks for the question. This code, do you have a dead skip on cylinder 3 and do you suspect no spark as your problem. OR is the code settting and you are not seeing any running problems

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is running rough, I clear the code and it comes back on within 5-10 minutes of running

Okay we have a skip on 3. Are there any other codes? One problem i see with this system is and I know this is not what you want to hear is with the pcm this system does not have a ignition control module the pcm does the grounding of the coil on using drivers sometimes these fail and want pulse that coil. But we need to make sure spark is yuor problem. Do you have a compression gauge, spark tester or vacuum gauge??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no, we did put a new ground wire on the vehicle, this started after that.

Why was the ground wire replaced?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
for an interm no start

And this started after that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I have thought and thought whst could hAve happened and I can't put a connection. How far in this diagnosis can you go? Because we've got limited tools.