Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2005 crossfire seems to have electrical issues started with

Customer Question

Customer: 2005 crossfire seems to have electrical issues started with top not opening now lights wont turn off currently have battery disconnected in an effort to reset really dont know where to go bought centech obd to use tomorrow new battery needed replacing help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no t yet just seems to be componding and now draining new battery daily
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes or they can respond later getting late but paying for good advice weel worth it
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a fault with a possible internal electrical issue with a control module itself needing replaced.I have seen body control computers act up internally before and cause similar issues needing replaced.If you can get the fault codes checked/read out of all computers this will help.If any codes are set post the code info here so we can see what we can come up with.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok found drowned central locking sysytem control unit where can I purchase asap new or used help
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Water will definitely damage it.

You can try used at http://www.car-part.com.Just enter your vehicle info and what you are looking for and it will bring up a list of who has it as well as cost and contact number to call and order it.

You should be able to obtain a new one from a dealer still as well.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
still searching for part...
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Did you try a dealer or the website posted above at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
finally found part in california from dismantler will see when it gets here if it fixed the issue lets see...
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,let me know if this resolves the issue here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
has not resolved the issues
will get back on it tommorrow
thx
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

If it was replaced did you see any issues with corroded or damaged wiring or wiring connections?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I bought a used security lock module and the alarm module both located in rear right trunk cavity which I realized stayed wet it seemed to resolve some of the issuer but have not completed the diagnosis to explain the issues that are left obd on it tommnorrow will let you know top still not working
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.let me know when your ready.