Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2006 pt cruiser has check engine lite with code p0068. Was

Customer Question

Customer: 2006 pt cruiser has check engine lite with code p0068. Was driving with cruise control on when it shut off and the check engine came on. Ran good for the next three hours of the trip.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Can't turn on the cruise control any more, but it seems to run fine other than that.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** code usually means the throttle position sensor has failed or map sensor. Test the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor voltage, it should be approximately 4.5 volts at key on, engine off. Once the vehicle is running it should be 1.5 volts, if out of range then replace. Test the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) voltage. It should be between 0.5 volts and 1.0 volt at closed throttle and should increase as the throttle is opened, if out of range replace. With the MAP and TPS unplugged, check for 5 volts on the signal wire for each sensor. If less than 4.8 volts, cut the wire near the PCM. This repair would be $200-$400 at a shop depending on problem. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.