Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/ Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist
4486286

My remote start will start the car but only remain running

Customer Question

my remote start will start the car but only remain running for a few seconds then it shuts off. Car is a 2008 model
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer!. This is Ed.

Remote start is treated as a privilege, not a right on your 300C. If all systems are go and no codes are present, it's allowed. Otherwise, you get these interruptions.

You need to have all doors and the hood closed to even enable the feature. Then there will be no tolerance of any sort of trouble code, which may or may not illuminate the CHECK ENGINE/ MIL lamp. Other systems may be involved, such as ABS, so the car has to have a totally clean bill of health.

Even low fuel (!) will interrupt the remote start cycle.

Since the feature does initially run, it shows that the request is being received and is recognized. That's a given.

The reason why it disallows your start request needs to be investigated and that will require a scan.

Ed