Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

My name is ***** *****, I changed spark plugs first on front

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, I changed spark plugs first on front started , that took care of the mis. replaced the back and now it will not start 2002 sebring 2.7
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The rear ground connector broke and I made new connection. Before discovering tried to start for a little while maybe flood. But I let it set for an hour.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you suspect the engine may be flooded, try holding the accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking, this will shut off the injector and should clear a flooded condition. If after trying this and it still will not start then you are going to need to check and see if you have good spark to the spark plugs, Injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. Check these things for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I suspect other problems. Now the anti theft device will not let the engine crank. I open the door and lights and horn flash and sound. I put in the key (either one) and it will not crank and continues flashing and sounding for a few minutes. Should I disconnect the battery cable to reboot the PCM? Is the problem a bad ground or the wiring harness?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Yes try a reboot and see if that clears the system. If after doing so and it will still not start then you are going to need start with having the computer system scanned and see if there are fault codes setting. Post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I re-connected the battery opened the door and the anti theft horn and lights began and the starter will not crank?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

That means the alarm is active , can you deactivate it with your remote or by unlocking the doors?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The ant-theft is still active and will not allow the starter to crank
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Try disconnecting the negative battery cable and then turn the ignition key on and then install the cable and see if it will start.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That did not work.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay will it disarm with the remote?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This was purchased used and there was no remote. I now have no power to the car. Is there a main fuse that may have blown?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If you have no power how is the alarm going off. Are you sure the battery is fully charged?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The alarm sounded and I disconnected the battery cable. I tried once more with the key on and reconnected and then had no power. The battery is new but does not even spark when I connect the cable.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

I would start first with making sure the battery has a full charge. If so then turn the headlamps on and connect the battery and see if there is now spark when connected.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
False alarm, the negative cable was loose. Same situation. The red circle s flashing in the instrument cluster and if I open the door the alarm sounds.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

I suspected as much.

For some reason the system has lost its ability to red the key. If you have a spare key try using it. If that dose not work then you are going to need to have the system scanned and likely reprogrammed. If that is the case you are going to need to have your dealer do this for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Another question, Is the connector from the wiring harness to the ground a resistor. It is odd. There are two them one for the front three plugs and a second for the back.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

There are no resistor in any of the grounds. A ground is a ground.