sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2006 chysler 300 awd 5.7 hemi with a coolant leak'

Customer Question

I have a 2006 chysler 300 awd 5.7 hemi with a coolant leak' I also have two codes p2181 ets which I have and will replace during this fix, and code p3441. so far I have the lightning bolt light comes on with the engine light and with the coolant loss the heat isn't working ,I pressure tested the system @ 18lbs it drops 1lb every two hours ,the leak is very small and took amost 1 1/2 hours to reach the floor it seems to be coming from the rear of the engine ,I searched the rear top of engine no leak
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P3441 is for the number 6 MDS solenoid circuit and could be wiring or the solenoid itself. The P2181 is setting because of the coolant leak.

If you're unable to see anything leaking from the top side then you'll need to apply pressure to the system and go underneath. It's possible that the coolant is actually leaking more toward the front of the engine and running back but it could actually be leaking in the rear. Outside of heater hoses or the heater core the only thing at the rear of the engine area that could leak would be freeze plugs or possibly a headgasket, both uncommon. The water pump is the most common leak on this engine but would be leaking in the front, unless the coolant is running back along the block before it drips.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay took care of leak and ets , now what and where is number 6 mds solenoid circuit and what does it do?

The MDS solenoids control oil flow to the lifters on the MDS cylinders to control deactivation. The solenoids are on the top of the block under the intake. The wiring to the number 6 solenoid will need to be tested and if ok then the solenoid should be replaced.