Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

2008 300 check engine light and a warning light in reversed

Customer Question

2008 300 check engine light and a warning light in reversed red parenthesis with a red lighting bolt in the middle came on as well i got the car home and turned it off but the check engine light stayed on, can you give me some kinda explanation to what might be going on, and can i drive it to a shop with out it stopping on me
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 11 months ago.

Most likely, yes, the vehicle can still be cautiously driven, because the warning lights you describe are for the anti lock brake system and traction control systems. The basic braking systems will still operate normally, but all anti lock braking and traction control systems are disabled as long as the codes are still in the system that triggered the lights in the first place. These systems will not disable the engine or transmission. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.