Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

2004 Chrysler Pacifica automatic shifter gets stuck

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This problem is either a shift interlock cable that needs to be adjusted, or the shift lever mechanism needs to be replaced. If you have a shop or dealer near you that you trust, then ask them to adjyst that shift interlock cable between the shifter and the ignition switch. If that does not help, then the shift lever mechanism will need to be replaced. As far as the battery question, the charging system will need to be checked to see if it is over or under charging. Your auto parts store will check it for free.

I hope that this information is helpful and please let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

If you want to try and adjust it yourself, and or replace the shifter mechanism yourself, I will send you the procedures later today. Let me know.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris