Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

My name is ***** *****, my daughter is about an hour and a

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** *****, my daughter is about an hour and a quarter away. 2005 Sebring 2.7L. she says oil light flickering when she applies the brakes and goes off when she steps on the gas. Oil just changed 2 wks ago. stopped back to have it ckd. was told it was full, no leaks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No, that's all the info I have, approx 150,000 miles, oil always changed regularly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The flickering may be caused by a failing oil pressure sending unit and in most cases if you are actually loosing oil pressure the engine will become noise such as rattling lifters. If she is hearing usual noise then it should not be driven home. If it sounds normal then it should be safe to get it home. Once you have it where you can check it, remove the oil pressure sending unit and install a Manuel oil pressure gauge and monitor the actual oil pressure. If the pressure hold steady then suspect a failing oil pressure sending unit. Post back if you have more questions and or need more help.