sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

First excuse me english, I am french. I have a 1996 T&C LX.

Customer Question

Customer: First excuse me for my english, I am french. I have a 1996 T&C LX. When I start to drive the horn
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I start to drive the horn (like when you keep you light on or the dor open) start to horn for many minutes when driving, when it can stop then come on again later. Also on the same time the gas tank light can be on (like the tank is empty) but it turn off and again turne on. If i turn the light on then the gas tank light turn on and do on. But the car run well. What it could be ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes; how long ?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you're hearing the warning chime that comes on with warning lights. If you're hearing the chime and at the same time the low fuel light then the low fuel light is why you're hearing the chime, the chime's purpose is to alert you that there is a gauge or warning light that needs attention.

If the low fuel light is coming on I'm assuming the fuel gauge is dropping also but it may not be. If signal from the sender is lost and regained quickly enough then the gauge may not drop. You may have a fuel sender, wiring or body controller issue.

Does the gauge drop when the low fuel light comes on?