Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

What sends power to the trigger wire starter on a 2005

Customer Question

what sends power to the trigger wire for the starter on a 2005 chryslier
300
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

The starter is powered by the relay when all of the conditions are met, (PCM sees it is in park or neutral).

.

It could be in the trans range sensor. You will want to see if there is power to the relay, terminal 30 at all times and at terminal 85 when the key is turned to start.

.

Then with terminal 86 grounded, (by the PCM) the relay should click on and send power to the starter, terminal "S".

.

Let me post a diagram for it and see what kind of tests I have. Thanks

.