Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I all of a sudden have a buzzer going off 2005 crossfire

Customer Question

I all of a sudden have a buzzer going off 2005 crossfire roadster not when idle but once the rpm's get over 1500 sitting still or driving
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine why the warning buzzer is going off you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and gt this resolved.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the only thing that shows up is "secondary air injection pump" but that's been there for 2 years and has never had a buzzer.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

The air injection system should not cause the warning buzzer to sound. When you scanned it are you using a full scan tool or a code reader? A code reader will not scan all systems on your Crossfire.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cen-Tech OBDII / EOBD code reader
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Yes that a code reader but to retrieve any other module fault codes you need a full scan tool. A code reader will not access their systems.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have to pay somebody to do a full computer scan on the system
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately if you do not have access to one then that is your other option. With out knowing if there is a fault code setting when the buzzer is going off there is no way of know the cause.