Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

I replaced the seats is my 2015 Chrysler 200 with 200s

Customer Question

Hello. I replaced the seats is my 2015 Chrysler 200 with 200s seats. I now have the airbag system warning light on. Does the car just need to be programed to accept the new seat sensors?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The air bag warning light come on when the air bag system sees a fault and in order to determine what the fault is you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will advise you from there on what needs to be done to resolve this .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Stopped and had a code scan completed at O'Reilly. U1504 was the code. Is it possible that the new seats have to be programmed into the system so they are accepted? I did do the seat swap without disconnecting the battery, and am sure this could have caused it. I have the battery disconnected now to try and reset the system.If there is no procedure to get the computer to accept the new seats, should I move the sensors over from the existing seats?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Yes programming is a possibility and that the first thing I would consider having done. This will need to be done by your dealer as well.