gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

Koehn, 2010 Town & Country, filling the gas tank, the nozzle

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Koehn, 2010 Town & Country, filling the gas tank, the nozzle always clicks off. I live where I have to drive 10 miles just to reach pavement. Is there a fuel tank vent that can get plugged?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It takes 10 minutes to fill the fuel tank
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $16) to post your type of question to Chrysler Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

If you go under the car, in the area behind the fenderwell liner is where the charcoal canister is. Either the vent that goes into the canister is plugged, or the vent line. You can try disconnecting a line at a time, and see if that makes a change, whichever one you disconnect that allows you to fill will help to pinpoint the culprit. If you live on or drive a lot on gravel roads I might suspect the inlet vent.