sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Why want my Chrysler Pacifica change out of second gear only

Customer Question

Why want my Chrysler Pacifica change out of second gear only when it is cold in the mornings
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already changed the input and output sensors and changed the filter in the transmission pan what do you think is the problem? Give me more than one thing that it could be that's a lot I can't keep the engine light off
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

there are quite a few things that can cause the trans to go into limp in and it would take some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on.

The problem could be internal in the trans but if the problem is intermittent then it's more likely electrical. The solenoid pack, range sensor, trans controller, wiring, and integrated power module are all possible causes for limp in. The solenoid pack is the most common issue on these.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what codes are setting in the TCM.