Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 1998 chrysler concord 2.7 wont start when hot

Customer Question

i have a 1998 chrysler concord 2.7 wont start when hot (floods out ) eratic .
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does the engine light stay on?if so,can you give me the computer codes?

what makes you think it floods?do you smell raw fuel?

tell me all you can

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
smell gas.

I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain the problem.it sounds as if you may have a bad ect[engine coolant temperature] sensor,,these can flood the engine and not give a code sometimes when they go bad.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8pt9ti6lf0k38e/1208-concord-Fig%2015%20Engine%20Coolant%20Temperature%20Sensor.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/n8pt9ti6lf0k38e/1208-concord-Fig%2015%20Engine%20Coolant%20Temperature%20Sensor.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help