Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair. Chrysler Certified
24034660

I just bought a 2004 sebring covertible and the the power

Customer Question

I just bought a 2004 sebring covertible and the the power locks were working and now they are not I can not lock the drivers side from in or out side and the other side I can lock from the inside
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 12 months ago.

What has happened is the drivers door lock solenoid. (this is the electrial part of the door lock) has failed/ siezed-up, Then inturn it will not allow you to lock or unlock drivers door with inner lock or with key, You will have to replace the door lock solenoid, and it also sounds like when the solenoid failed, it caused the door lock fuse to burn open, you will need to also replace the fuse. Thanks Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It does not sound right because the other door worked just fine and does not work any more and the 15 amp fuse is good . so I lost both doors at the same time and can not lock the drivers side. Still should be able to use the key to lock and unlock. I do not need the power locks but I need to lock the door

When the door lock solenoid siezes-up it will not allow the key lock cylinder to turn with key. Disconnect the door lock solenoid rod from the door latch then key will work, A shorted out solenoid can also cancel all electric door lock solenoids from working it works from the body computer