rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2009 chrysler sebring. The battery went dead and I

Customer Question

I have a 2009 chrysler sebring. The battery went dead and I had to replace it today now my car will turn over but won't start. The fuel pump is getting power.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This may be a security issue, but let's try this first. See attachment.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that. Do I wait 20 minutes to touch the cables together?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Yep, the reason for that is to reduce any residual voltages that may remain due to capacitance.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that doesn't work do you have any other ideas.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

The security system will need to be reset with a factory scan tool or alike.

Thanks, ***** ***** don't forget to rate me and keep this link for any future questions you may still have about this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The car doesn't have an alarm only the key less entry with the key fob. Does this make a difference?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

That is your security system. Still would be same answer as before.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work. It wouldn't even start.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Then the security system is the problem and needs to be addressed with a scan tool like I said before. Sorry for the bad news, but I'm just the messenger and hope this doesn't affect my rating. I told you the truth. The first attempt works at times, but not all the time.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You bet, thank you too.