sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2002 Chrysler sebring coupe; 3.0 v6 Mitsubishi engine The

Customer Question

2002 Chrysler sebring coupe; 3.0 v6 Mitsubishi engine
The car got new motor mounts, control arms, ball-joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, axels, brakes and rotors; purred and rode like a brand new car. It has had the check engine light on for literally years, 2 codes: o2 sensor 1 bank 1 and egr control solenoid circuit malfunction. I forge the p#'s. After having replaced the various common wear parts, there was only one major PM left to do... The TIMING BELT. Prior to timing belt replacement, the car had ZERO issues starting, idling, or operating in general.
after the timing belt (and water pump and 02 sensor) were replaced the car would start, but idled VERY poorly and had practically zero power when in drive. 2% engine power would be generous. Upon further inspection, the timing belt had 'jumped' almost a 1/3 of a rotation on one camshaft.
car was throwing p335 and p340 and still p403.
Heads were rebuilt, 12 bent valves =(. After the car was reassembled, complete with a new crankshaft sensor(aftermarket), and all the various gaskets and O-rings from the heads up, it wouldn't start. one used junkyard distributor later the car would start, but continued to run very poorly, 5% engine power would b generous. Still throws p0335, p0340, p0403, but ALSO started throwing p0134 and p0154 if I recall correctly. Now if left idling for awhile, the exhaust manifold nearest to the firewall will glow red. I have been at this car for over a month now and cannot seem to get a break. please help!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I suspect cam timing is still incorrect. Are you doing the work yourself or is it at a shop or dealer?